> Frequently Asked Questions
> Entry Criteria
> How to Enter
> View Past Winners
Credit union technology professionals know that finding the right solution to a problem or situation often is determined by understanding and developing the best approach to accomplish those issues. While there may be no right way or wrong way to face a technology challenge, there is most certainly a BEST way!
Identifying these new approaches and recognizing their universal application to credit unions nationwide is the purpose of the CUNA Technology Council's Excellence Awards.
We invite you to submit your practices in the following strategic categories:
- Technology Infrastructure – Describe the technical and procedural environment that allows the infrastructure to be safely accessed by authorized parties, how the system is monitoring this access, and the current/future storage management capabilities of the system.
- Information Security/Privacy – Describe the technical and procedural environment that minimizes the possibility of unauthorized access to member information from both internal and external sources. Place emphasis upon the authentication, regulatory compliance, security, and privacy technologies employed.
- Member Service/Convenience – Describe the technical environment and system integration technology(ies) that allow new/existing members to open accounts/loans or receive information on existing accounts/loans across all delivery channels. Operational improvements such as the implementation of online chat using text or video to improve member service may be considered. Place emphasis on how these technologies benefit both members externally and employees internally using the system.
- Sales Management/Marketing Automation - Describe the automated system environment that manages member information and creates personalized product offers based upon member data and the use of business development software for sales lead planning and tracking, software to measure and monitor marketing return on investment, customer / member relationship strategies and accomplishments, and promotion via the use of electronic methods such as search engine optimization, email marketing, and ads via mobile banking. Document how the system manages the member information database and creates, delivers and fulfills the offers. Place emphasis on how these systems benefit both members externally and employees internally using the system.
- Leadership - Describe excellence in leading, mentoring, or other aspects of leadership of an individual IT within the credit union; or using technology to provide leadership in another dept. within the credit union or the entire credit union toward some positive change and benefit; or providing leadership to other credit unions or the entire credit union industry. The entry can be for an individual or a group within the credit union.
- Miscellaneous – This is the category for any technology success story you have that does not fit the other categories. It could involve an application, service to members or users, unique technology solutions, cost savings or anything else you feel qualifies as a best practice.
The Selection Process
A panel of CUNA Technology Council members and Executive Committee members will judge the entries and select an Excellence Award winners in the categories above. Selection will be based on candidates' strategy, process, application and results. Recipients will be selected without regard to credit union asset size.
Excellence Award winners will be recognized at the Annual CUNA Technology Council Conference, dates and location as announced each year.
Winners will receive one complimentary conference registration, and are expected to attend the conference to accept the Excellence Award. Winners will be featured in a press release, CUNA News Now and featured on the CUNA Technology Council website.
- You must be a member of the CUNA Technology Council to submit an entry.
- Credit unions cannot submit a project using a service or product of a CUSO that is owned by their credit union.
- Project(s) must have occurred prior to the entry deadline of the current calendar year and have at least substantially, if not completely, occurred within the last 12 months and not in years prior to that 12 month period.
- Entry(s) must be received no later than July 31 of the current calendar year.
- The award winner or a representative must be in attendance at that calendar year’s CUNA Technology Council Conference to accept their Excellence Award.
- If applicable, entrant may submit an entry in more than one category. However, the entrant must complete the appropriate entry forms for each category.
How to Enter
The entry form and worksheet pertaining to your category must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Entry
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Entry
To LOGIN use this link https://cuna.nonprofitcms.org/a/
Include the following information:
With your completed entry form, upload a minimum of three pages of text narrative and any supporting documentation that identifies the strategic challenge your credit union faced and details the solution you found. Describe the unique and/or challenging circumstances under which you were forced to perform and the results—both financial and otherwise—you were able to achieve. Specifically:
- Explain in detail a specific (or series of related) project/activity that provided extraordinary results for your credit union. List the specific goals and results of the project/activity.
- List three specific examples of how this practice contributed to the success of your credit union.
- Provide any additional relevant information to support your entry.
Your entry must be received no later than July 31 of the current calendar year to be considered.
If you have questions about the entry procedures, please contact CUNA Council Administration at 800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or email@example.com
If you have questions about the Excellence Award categories, please contact Alex Barker at 801-325-6351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Past Award Winners